Being Young, Male and Saudi: Identity and Politics in a Globalized Kingdom
Dr. Mark C. Thompson - Assistant Professor of Middle East Studies at KFUPM
This workshop panel, hosted by Dr. Mark Thompson, focused on various social aspects pertaining to the young Saudi male identity. Topics discussed include:
- How young Saudi men connect with each other on social media, and how it is seen as both a positive and negative force.
- The perception of the recent sociocultural changes in the Kingdom, and how they may have consequences on the young Saudi male identity.
- The perception of employment and career aspirations.
- The role of education and religion.
- The perceptions of marriage and the generational divide.
King Faisal Center for Research and Islamic Studies
P.O. Box: 51049
Email Address: email@example.com